A Great Weekend

I hope that you all had a great weekend or having one where you are... I certainly did!

The next video for Project Mom is out, you can view it here - Project Mom - Video 2 and if you missed the first one, you can find that one here - Project Mom - Video 1.

The first is absolutely great - it is the "Eat Your Elephant TeleSeminar" that Travis did a little while ago and is a 'ya-gotta-watchit' kind of video!

It is great to finally hear Travis's wife Jeannie working with him on "Project Mom" - call me a romantic but they sound good together.... aaaww!

Needless to say I will be riveted to this project ...

I mentioned right at the beginning I had a great weekend. And why was that you may ask?
Well...

Let me tell you a bit about it...

First, I had to come home from work on the Thursday afternoon and stayed at home Friday because I had real bad head pain and earache and the pain relief was not really helping much...

Saturday, the pain was much less, gratefully. I did a number of things that day... it was the first day of the 4th #HDAD with Ezine Articles and you can follow my progress by going to the link back there...

I managed to write three articles Saturday as well as getting the shopping done, some housework, and finally went with my husband to a play where our niece Jennifer was playing in the band. We met her sister Emma and boyfriend James there, went in and got good seats center front. Tim (my husband) had the absolutely brilliant idea of taking some small cushions, filled with foam chips, with us to keep our seats warm and soft - aaah..the joys of getting older - ya feel things like that! :-D
The play was called "The Haunting of Highbury Hall" and was very well done! We both enjoyed it immensely!

Today was a slightly different 'kettle of fish' and you will see what I mean by that phrase in a mo'...

We got up and got ready for Church - nothing unusual so far. A friend was going to come over after Church for lunch so my lovely man had set up the oven to cook our midday Roast Chicken and Vegetables so that it would be ready when we got back home. Our friend text to say she was not well, and invited us to her place instead. We text her back saying we would catch up another time, when she was feeling better. We debated still putting the chicken in the oven and in the end we decided we would anyway... we could then make it last two meals instead of just the one... cooking economy at it's best!

We picked our grandson Daniel up on the way to Church 'cos he just loves 'Church School' (as he calls it)... he had come with us last week, and liked it so much he wanted to come back again (he is only three and three-quarters years old but very vocal and knows his own mind)

After Church was finished, we decided to drop some of our nieces 'hand-me-downs' off at our second daughters for her girls, but she was not home, so I left them on the doorstep certain that she would find them when she got home.

So, there were no delays in us getting home. We were not going to our friend's place... just going straight home.

Just as well...
When we got home, we checked out the three fish tanks my husband had so diligently and lovingly built. One of them had a grid near the bottom as there were three 'mommy' fish in there to have their babies (they are called fry)and the grid stopped the bigger fish from getting at the babies.

When we looked into the 'hatching' tank, we just stared in disbelief ... the water was soaked into the carpet all around the foot of the tank and the fish were sitting in the last dregs of water in the bottom of the tank gasping ...

My husband and I flew into motion, scooping up the fish into containers filled with water from one of the other tanks, separating the new babies from their mothers as unfortunately they would eat them otherwise.

I moved all the furniture away from the wet patch (just a little under half the lounge was covered), my husband carefully switched off all the electrical stuff in the water zone, then he shot out to get something called a 'rug doctor' to suck up as much water as possible and do a 'compulsory' clean at the same time.

Well... not quite the day we had planned... fortunately our food for the day was already done, we had come straight home from Church with no delays and arrived in just the nick of time to save all the fish. Had we been another five minutes later we would have lost them all! The timing was perfect! If it had to happen then we had the best outcome.

Our grandson sat on our bed watching his most favorite movie "Toy Story 2" while eating his roast dinner and an ice-cream cone for dessert, till his Daddy came to get him.

After we set everything back up in the lounge, the carpet now very much drier than before,we could finally have a moment to relax!

I managed to write one article today - so that is an average of two a day for two days - so far. I have submitted them and will endeavor to write and submit another two each day during the week and I aim to write three each day on the weekends...so can I do it? Can I last the distance for another 98 days? :-)

I will give it my best shot and I certainly aim to hit 200! Yes, I have upped the ante - I had previously set it at 150, but if I can reach 200 there are additional prizes being offered as an incentive, and I am going to rise to the challenge!

Great to have you along today - now you see what I meant about a 'kettle of fish' - well, the container they were put into after the tank they were in emptied all over our lounge floor, was not quite a kettle, but you get the general picture...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment ...